A new report from BLR Safety Daily Advisor shows how safety professionals view the problem of slips, trips and falls in the workplace.
The report was produced after surveying over 1,200 safety professionals about the impact of slips, trips and falls on their workforce and which solutions they’ve implemented to deal with the issue. The biggest highlights include:
- At 39% distraction is the largest single cause of slips, trips and falls
- Human factors are involved in 54% of falls
- 98.5% of respondents believe that a worker’s state of mind affects their risk of slipping, tripping or falling
- Most workplaces (85%) tracks slips, trips and falls as a separate category of incident
- There is much room for improvement in reporting slip, trip and fall near misses
1,294 safety professionals responded to the industry. There were respondents from every major industry and region in North America, with manufacturing (15%) and the US Midwest (24%) as the single largest industry and geography group represented, respectively. See BLR’s complete report for more details.