We’re always happy to help with the application and use of SafeStart materials. Before contacting us for presentation issues, please read the troubleshooting guidelines below.
Call us during regular business hours or fill out our contact form and we will respond to you as quickly as possible. If you are in need of immediate technical help before a training session and can’t get help internally, we will do our best to get you up and running.
Please contact your organization’s technical support staff if you are unsure of how to perform any of the following suggestions or if your computer, documents or other applications behave differently or incorrectly.
Our products and supporting documentation meet current industry standards. If you are having difficulty viewing any of our webpages, documents or videos, ensure your system is up to date before contacting us. Here are the main items to check:
- The latest version of your preferred internet browser (we recommend Google Chrome).
- Adobe Reader for viewing our PDF documents.
- If you are using a business or corporate network, it is possible that your company has limited certain browsing, installation or updating capabilities. If this is the case, you will need to contact your technical support staff.
- If you’re using a Microsoft Windows operating system, check for Windows Updates. If you’re using a Mac, check for available Software Updates.
Webinar/online preview troubleshooting
Our Webinars and Online Previews are delivered via the ON24 webinar platform. If you are experiencing connection or compatibility difficulties, please refer to the ON24 Event Help Guide for troubleshooting steps, or use the ON24 Media Player Test to diagnose potential issues.
SafeStart presentations are authored in Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 and are compatible with PowerPoint 2007 and 2003. Older versions are not supported and compatibility is not guaranteed. Please note that some slides are animated and may not function properly in the free PowerPoint Viewer application.
If you have difficulty getting our PowerPoint presentations or videos to work, here are some steps to take prior to contacting support:
- Copy all files from the disc to your hard drive for best playback performance.
- Videos from the disc must be located in the same folder as the PowerPoint presentations to enable playback.
- Links in PowerPoint have a file path limit of 256 characters and videos will not play if this is exceeded, so choose a location on your computer close to the root of a directory (i.e. C:\SafeStart).
- If the videos aren’t working, determine if it is a PowerPoint issue or a video playback issue by playing one of the videos outside of the PowerPoint presentation. If they play then your problem is likely PowerPoint-related. If they do not play, it is likely related to your system or media player.
- Ensure your media player and your operating system are up to date. If your current video player is not working properly, we recommend downloading the free VLC media player application.
- If opening a downloaded SafeStart PowerPoint presentation results in the error message “Sorry, PowerPoint can’t read <location of file>“, try disabling Protected View in your Microsoft PowerPoint installation.
- If you are using a Mac, you will need to install the Flip4Mac WMV components for QuickTime.
We are unable to support video playback or system issues beyond the troubleshooting listed above. Please contact your technical support staff for further assistance.
Liz Roberts at 800-792-6933 ext. 354
Monday to Friday 7:30 am to 4:00 pm EST
Submit an email request